The Outback is designed for long-distance travel on dirt – from xc mtb epics to XL gravel rigs. The 25mm internal width is built for adventuring, be that on xc mtb trails or endless gravel.
We’ve improved the stiffness, strength and longevity of all our gravel and trail wheels by using an asymmetric (ASYM) rim design than improves spoke tension balance by up to 30%.
Offered in both 700c/29” and 650b/27.5” options.
The White Industries CLD hubset has led the industry in reliability and serviceability for over a decade. A titanium free-hub, fast engagement and full serviceability earn it fans in every cycling discipline.
All Astral Cycling wheels are hand-build in Eugene, Oregon and feature Tubeless Easy rims you can easily set up at home.
- ASYM alloy clincher. 700c/29" or 650b/27.5" - Disc specific
- Rim Depth: 23mm. Asymmetric alloy clincher
- Rim Width: [ex] 28.5mm, [in] 25mm
- Tubeless ready
- Weight: Weight: 29"/700c - 1595g or 27.5"/650b - 1525g
- Spoke count: 28/28
- Spoke type: Sapim CX Ray, Bladed
- Hubset: White Industries CLD - Center Lock
- Hub Body: CNC machined in Petaluma, CA by White Industries
- Bearing: Enduro
- Front axle: Boost (15mm, 12mm)/15mm/12mm/9mm
- Rear Axle: Boost 148mm/ Boost 141mm QR/142mm/135mm
- Freehub Options: Shimano HG11, Campagnolo, SRAM XDR, Shimano Micro Spline, N3W
- Freehub Material: CNC Machined 6al4v Titanium.
- Tire size and pressure recommendation: See chart in Product images
- Includes: Taped for tubeless, tubeless valves