The wide version SH-XC7 is a race-ready shoe that's geared up with all of the performance features we could want or need. The carbon-reinforced midsole is the most important of these layers since it places the XC7 near the top of Shimano's stiffness hierarchy. This places the XC7 firmly into race-ready territory, with highly efficient power transfer and just a hint of forgiveness for increased utility when running over barriers or climbing steep embankments. Though it's not as stiff as the S-Phyre, the XC7 does feature a more robust complement of lugs, so it's better suited for navigating sloppy run-ups or trails on foot. The rubberized outsole also includes toe spike mounts for days when not even the lugs are enough, and the compound comes from the experts at Michelin. The upper is secured with a BOA IP1 dial and a single hook-and-loop strap over the forefoot, letting you quickly dial fit across the midfoot while leaving ample room for metatarsal expansion while mashing out of corners or jockeying for position during a bunch start.
- Super rigid, lightweight off-road racing shoes for maximum performance
- Perforated synthetic upper for a superior fit and cooling
- Rigid, lightweight carbon fiber reinforced midsole doesn't waste watts
- BOA L6 dials allow for quick micro-adjustments
- Powerzone wire guide with front strap for a secure hold
- Michelin high-traction, mud-shedding tread pattern outsole